Compressor nebulizer is a device through which drugs are sprayed. Splitting into small particles, nutrients are able to penetrate the most inaccessible parts of the respiratory tract. Such small particles contribute to a faster recovery.
Indications for inhaler compressor
The device is used either for therapy or prophylactic purposes. Compressor nebulizer is used in such cases:
- for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract: ARVI, acute respiratory infections, nasopharyngeal edema, pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma.
- inhalations are prescribed as prophylactic postoperative measures for those who, as a result of surgical intervention, have damaged respiratory organs.
- it helps in the fight against allergies, accompanied by a runny nose, sore throat or cough.
- nebulizers are indispensable in the treatment of such diseases as pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis.
How to use compressor nebulizer?
- During inhalation, the patient should be in a seated position, not talking and holding the nebulizer chamber upright.
- Before inhalation, you must check the shelf life of the drug. Pharmacy package with medicinal substance should be stored in the refrigerator in a carefully closed package. The drug is used within 2 weeks after the package has been opened.
- Use the sterile saline solution as a solvent (do not use boiled water), sterile needles and syringes for filling the inhalation solution in.
- The use of a compressor nebulizer filling volume of 4 ml is recommended; initially, saline is poured into the nebulizer chamber, and then the required dose of the drug is added.
- When treating deep respiratory tract areas, try to breathe deeply, slowly, through the mouth (it is especially important when using a mask), try to hold your breath for 1-2 seconds before each exhalation (this is often not feasible in severe patients, they are recommended to breathe calmly).
- For diseases of the pharynx, larynx, and trachea, inhale vigorously through the mouth after a deep breath, hold the breath for 2 seconds, then breathe out through the nose.
- For diseases of the nose, paranasal sinuses and nasopharynx, you must use a mask or nasal cannulas, inhale and exhale must be done through the nose, breathing is calm, preferably shallow, without tension.
- Continue inhalation until a liquid remains in the inhaler chamber (usually about 5-10 minutes), at the end of inhalation – lightly tapping the nebulizer for more complete use of the drug and add 1-2 ml of saline to the residual liquid, and then continue inhalation.
- After compressor inhalation of steroid drugs and antibiotics, you must thoroughly rinse your mouth. It is recommended to rinse the mouth and throat with boiled water at room temperature. Do not rinse the throat with antiseptic solutions.
- Inhalation is carried out no earlier than 1-1.5 hours after meals and exercise.
- Smoking is prohibited before and after inhalations for 1 hour.
- After inhalation, wash the nebulizer with a compressor with clean, if possible, sterile water, and dry with wipes.
- After each use, the nebulizer must be disconnected from the compressor and took it apart. Remove drug residues. Rinse all parts that were in contact with the patient or drug with clean hot water. Disinfection is carried out at home 2 times a week using boiling, in a hospital in accordance with hygienic requirements. Before use, all parts of the nebulizer must be dry. To do this, they should be wiped after washing with a soft cloth. Frequent washing of the nebulizer is necessary to prevent the crystallization of drugs and bacterial contamination.
What rules must be observed when using nebulizer compressor
Inhalation will give the desired effect after a few sessions. However, not everyone knows how to properly inhale through a nebulizer. There are a number of rules that cannot be neglected:
- inhalation should be started 1-1.5 hours after meals and serious physical loadings;
- it is not recommended to be distracted by reading and the conversation during the procedure;
- clothing should not restrain the neck area not to obstruct breathing;
- smoking is not recommended during inhalation therapy;
- it is recommended to carry out nasal inhalation for diseases of the nasopharynx, nose, or paranasal sinuses (it is best to inhale the aerosol through the nose) using a mask or special cannulas;
- you do not need to take drugs that improve the secretions of sputum, as well as rinsing the mouth with antiseptic agents before inhalation;
- after the procedure, the mouth should be rinsed with boiled water at room temperature. If a mask was used for inhalation, you should also wash your face and eyes;
- eating, drinking and talking is prohibited for 15-20 minutes after inhalation;
- inhalation should be done up to 3 times a day.
What are the best nebulizer compressors?
Before buying a nebulizer compressor, it is best to consult your physician. The doctor will be able to accurately indicate suitable inhaler compressor. So that the whole family can use the nebulizer for almost any diseases, you need to choose a model with a universal spray. They produce an aerosol, which consists of smaller or larger particles. They are deposited throughout the nasopharynx and respiratory system.
Rating of the best compressor nebulizers
There are many companies producing nebulizers and different models of devices. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages. Specialists recommend the best compressor inhaler to choose from the following list:
- OMRON CompAIR C28. The universal nebulizer, which is in high demand. This is an optimal device for home use: it is powerful and easy to manage. You can use any medicinal solutions. A virtual valve system is implemented in the inhaler, which makes medicine consumption minimal.
- Microlife NEB-50. Its main advantage is a powerful compressor that can work up to 1 hour. In case of overheating, the device switches itself off.
- B.Well WN-112K. Budget inhaler in which you can adjust the particle size. Due to the convenient sprayer, the loss of therapeutic mixtures is minimal. The nebulizer is controlled manually.
- Medneb. It is a compact, desk-top inhaler. It includes AIRIALTM compressor, disposable and reusable nebulizer kit, 7′ kink resistant tubing, mouthpiece, and extra filters.