FHLP Steam Compressor Cool Mist Inhaler Kits for Adult and Children
GoorDik Portable Personal Compressor Cool Mist Inhaler for Kids and Adults
Cool Mist Inhaler for Kids Compressor System (Cute Elephant)
PORAXY Cool Mist Inhaler Compressor System Kit for Kids and Adults
Cool Mist Vaporizer Piston Compressor System by Remedium International R
PORAXY Cool Mist Inhaler Compressor System Kit for Kids Adults
NEARTOP Air Compressor Personal Cool Mist Inhaler Kit for Kids and Adults
Tediver Steam Compressor for Home Use
Uniclife Portable Compressor System Kit Cool Mist Inhaler for Kids and Adults
Uniclife Handheld Ultrasonic Portable Personal Cool Mist Aromatherapy Inhaler
TTstar Compressor System Personal Cool Mist Inhaler Machine Kit for Adults and Kids
Meds Pro Pediatric Compressor Bunny Themed for Children
Uniclife Handheld Ultrasonic Portable Inhaler with a Wall Charger
TTstar Personal Compressor System Cool Mist Inhaler Machine for Kids and Adults
TT-Star Portable Compressor System Personal Cool Mist Nebulizer
Maromalife Cool Mist Inhaler Compressor System Machine Quiet for Kids and Adults
Wave Medical WMP101 Compact Piston Compressor Nebulizer
Uniclife Replacement Ultrasonic Atomizing Mesh
Compact Vaporizer Cool Mist Compressor with Travel Bag by Wave Medical Products
Panda Bear Nebs Ultra Portable Nebulizer Machine Kids
RoyAroma Personal Cool Mist Inhaler Compressor System with Child and Adult’s Masks
Personal Cool Mist Compressor System for Home Use
FIGERM Upgraded Cool Mist Inhaler Compressor System
Simply Silver Handheld, Lightweight and Compact Ultrasonic Inhaler
CISNO Handheld Ultrasonic Mesh USB Rechargeable Inhaler for Kids Adults
TOPCHANCES Ultrasonic Portable Mini Handheld Cool Mist Nebulizer
UERMEI Portable Mini Vaporizers Compressor Machine
Feellife Air Pro II Portable Ultrasonic Atomizer for Kids and Adult
Feellife AIR PRO (AIR Mini 360) Portable Ultrasonic Inhaler
Portable Mini Vaporizer Machine Handheld Cool Mist Ultrasonic Inhaler
IMDK Portable Ultrasonic Mini Atomizer One-Click Simple Operation
Cotify Portable Mini Vaporizers Machine Suitable for Traveling
Pulmomate Micromist Compressor Nebulizer Sunrise Medical HHG 4650D
MEJO Portable Inhaler Nebulizer Machine Mini
FEELLIFE Rechargeable Portable Mesh Air Pro3 Cordless Steam Inhaler
SNOW Portable Mesh Nebulizer Machine for Kids and Adults
Vosaro Portable Ultrasonic Cool Mist Nebulizer Machine for Kids & Adults
FeelLife Portable Steam Ultrasonic Inhaler for Kids and Adults
SoulBay Portable Handheld Size Quiet Nebulizer Machine
Uniclife Rechargeable Pocket Inhaler Mini Travel Handheld
Pricare Portable Handheld BlueWhite Ultrasonic Mesh Inhaler for Adults and Kids
FreePower Portable Handheld Humidifier Rechargeable Nubilizer for Adults and Kids
BINLEFOIS Portable Cool Mist Ultrasonic Vaporizer and Handheld Inhaler Machine for Home Use
FreePower Blue Handheld Portable Nebulizer with Built-In Rechargeable Battery
Free Power Portable&Handheld Mesh Nebulizer
PARI Trek S Battery Operated Piston Compressor Combo for Travelers
Omron NE-C801 CompAIR Compressor Nebulizer
Children Compressor with Mask Kit, Cleaning Swab, Sprint Kit, Fun Activity Book and Bonus Reusable Kit
PChero Mini Handheld Battery Powered Nebulizer (Black)
Punasi Portable Mini Nebulizer Machine
Uniclife Portable Compressor Nebulizer Kit Parts Cool Mist Inhaler
Hangsun Compact Compressor System Vaporizer Mist Inhaler Machine CN560
Hangsun Compact Compressor System Vaporizer Mist Inhaler Machine CN680
Flyp: Portable Rechargeable Pocket-Size Nebulizer
Hanshine Portable Mini Vaporizers Machine USB Charged
Vios Professional Adult Vaporizer Compressor
Rodicoco Mist Compressor Vaporizer with Inhalation Kit
Lower respiratory tract diseases are ranked first in the structure of the entire morbidity of the population in the USA. Children get sick especially often. The incidence of respiratory diseases increases in winter and spring, during the so-called cold season, and decreases during the warm season.
The most common disease of the lower respiratory tract is pneumonia. This disease has a very complex nature, it can dramatically change its degree. Therefore, medical experts recommend complex treatment of pneumonia, including inhalation therapy with the help of nebulizers.
How inhalation therapy helps with pneumonia
Inhalation for pneumonia is one of the components in the full range of therapy. This type of physiotherapy for pneumonia significantly reduces the time until complete recovery due to the direct delivery of drugs to the focus of the disease ignition.
Inhalation acts as a thinner, removing accumulated phlegm, restoring the full function of the internal organs of the procedure.
Microparticles of drugs delivered during inhalation do not affect other organs, which significantly increases the possibility of using it for the treatment of children and the elderly.
Can you use a nebulizer to treat pneumonia? Definitely yes! But, you should be careful, follow all instructions and notes of the medical staff.
A device capable of converting liquid medicinal mixtures into microparticles (fog, steam), delivering medications to the very “logo” of the disease is called a nebulizer. It is very good that you can use a device at home both for pulmonary ailments and for the simplest ARVI.
For children, this option is a very entertaining procedure that does not cause discomfort or other concussions. It is very convenient that you can continue inhalations without interruption even when the baby is asleep.
Things to remember when choosing a nebulizer for pneumonia
There are currently three models of nebulizers:
- Compressor. They are capable of producing small particles, but at the same time they are large enough and create a lot of noise during operation;
- Ultrasonic. They can spray particles of different sizes. Ultrasonic nebulizers are more compact and quiet, but they cannot be used to spray hormones and antibiotics;
- Electronic mesh. They are considered the most versatile, but they are quite expensive. Such nebulizers can create particles of various sizes. They are convenient to use for both children and bedridden patients. At the same time, the electronic mesh devices are noiseless, they can be used to spray any drugs intended for the procedure.
You should choose the nebulizer model that meets all your requirements. To determine the characteristics of the device, you can consult your doctor.
Important! If you need a nebulizer for the treatment of pneumonia, you should choose a device that converts the medicine into small respirable particles of 2-5 μg. The thing is that particles with ranges from 2 to 5 μm can penetrate into the lower respiratory tract and affect the inflammatory process. If the device forms large particles of 5-20 μg, then the active substance will settle in the upper respiratory tract and will not have a special effect in pneumonia.
The advantages of using a nebulizer for pneumonia
The effectiveness of the device has been proven by the following results:
- provides a speedy result;
- delivers drugs directly to the lungs;
- moistens the mucous membrane;
- liquefies discharge from the larynx and nose;
- eliminates puffiness and inflammation;
- restores ventilation and drainage functions of the lungs and bronchi;
- stimulates the epithelium;
- restores the mucous membrane faster;
- removes spasms.
The main advantage of using a nebulizer is that you can be treated at home and you need a lower dose of medication.
How to use an inhaler to treat lower respiratory tract diseases?
If you buy a nebulizer to be treated at home, you should follow a few simple recommendations:
- You should take a break of 90 minutes between meals and procedures;
- If you take expectorant drugs, do it one hour before inhalation;
- Stop smoking;
- Do not wear very restrictive clothing – after all, the functioning of the respiratory tract must be full for better delivery of medications;
- Medicines stored in the refrigerator should be taken out half an hour before the procedure and brought to room temperature;
- Procedure time varies from 10 to 20 minutes;
- Breathing should be kept smooth, deep, with a delay of medicinal vapors up to 3 seconds.
Common medications used for nebulizer treatments
If you have pneumonia, medications for inhalation and their dosage should be calculated individually by a doctor.
Doctors usually prescribe the following medicine used in a nebulizer for pneumonia:
- Bronchodilators – drugs that are able to expand the bronchi, remove spasms, modernize the drainage, ventilation of organs (Ventolin, albuterol). In case of lung damage, bronchospasms are used;
- Expectorants – medicines that are able to liquefy the resulting phlegm;
- Drugs that relieve inflammation – they act in the lesion focus, relieve the lesion, prevent complications (Pulmicort);
- Mucolytics – 2% sodium solution combined with trypsin.
You can also use three types of oils for the treatment of pneumonia: juniper oil, pine oil, and fir oil.
Despite the excellent results in lung drainage, these oils help to increase resistance to viral infections, colds, and flu prevention.
- Nebulizer treatments for pneumonia should be prescribed by a doctor;
- You need to use a nebulizer without violating the instructions because it plays a very important role in achieving a positive result in the treatment of pneumonia;
- Nebulized particles must have diameters between 2 to 5 μm;
- Pneumonia cannot be completely cured without basic medical treatment because inhalation is one of the components of the complex treatment;
- Note! Do not neglect lower respiratory tract diseases! Remember – it is not possible to identify the disease on your own. It is very important to consult a doctor before using any medicine – self-treatment in the acute form of pneumonia can even lead to death.